Monday, November 5, 2007

Man proposes.. God disposes..

I was reminded of this saying the last week.. when a castle I had build up in air crashed down. No serious damage to dreams. Just a small plan injured a little.




Two weeks back I was asked to be prepared to travel on 2nd of Nov.. and I prepared, with all excitement. I shopped like crazy.. I packed my bags.. I planned that I would take a week's vacation.. I checked the tickets.. Chose my airlines and the route I would take.. I found a replacement for myself at my house.. Everything was going on well..

The next day they said.. 'Oh sorry, that didn't work out. Lets wait for the next opportunity.'

I did not blame anyone. It had lots of elements to it that was out of anyone's hand. I knew it could not be helped. But all the same, I couldn't accept it.. my mind wouldn't accept it. Though the injury was small, I brooded over it.. made unnecessary fuss over it..

But now the wound has almost healed. I have decided to be a bit more ready for all the change in plans that I'll have to make in life. A little more flexibility, I definitely need.
Maybe I needed a gentle reminder like this..

4 comments:

Veena said...

:) Good that you are out of it... Like I said before just hang on... May be that was not the best time for u to move back...

Dragonfly said...

Atleast you dont have to walk thru all the crackers in Bangalore during deewali.. ;)

Minu said...

Hope they will find a right replacement soon

Anila said...

Yes Veena.. :)

Manu, right! Let me look at the positives. ;)

Minu, yes dear.. :)