Tuesday, December 21, 2021

My secret indulgence

 Today I got a task from my secret Santa to write about my favourite food.

My favourite food.. I pondered and pondered.. Picking my favourite food was not the challenge. I think I know the dish all too well. But I pondered on how to tell it to this world. Wondering what this universe going to perceive of me?? 

I love all kinds of food. Trust me.. The biriyanis, the continental delights like steaks and sizzlers, the pastas, the momos, and the tandoori tikkas and kebabs..my native cuisine of idiyappams and appams.. the masala dosas and pongals of the south and also the chole and sarson ka saag.. almost everything. I am a foodie you see. But today I am gonna spell out my all time favourite food.., Annnndd ittttt isssss the 2 min Maggi noodles! Eeeeeks.. I said it!😳😳😳

Maybe it is the nostalgia. And also the taboo of it being a junk food. But it is a food that I keep craving when things get stressful.. and when things go great.. also when I get some 'me' time.. when I watch my favourite show.. when I want to finish up a pile of pending work.. when I have finished up an important late night call well.. You must have got the picture now. Almost all the time. 😕

The way I have been eating this is something that you need to know. Inorder to not misguide my children away from healthy eating habits, I have to do this in stealth mode. And also note that my husbands scorns if he finds me eating Maggi. Why don't you eat a banana if you are feeling hungry, he says. Yeah, right. Banana. Now you know why it is important to get into stealth mode.

I do 'it' late at night.. I do 'it' if husband and kids have gone out of the house for a short while. I do 'it' listening out for their footsteps.. sharpening my time management skills leaving enough time to hide the evidence before they come back.. praying that my kids don't sniff out my secret. 

So yes.. this remains my guilty pleasure.. my comfort food.. my favourite food.

No comments: