Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Chak De India!

Hey, don't you roll your eyes and think, 'Writing about Chak De now?'! Unfortunately, Chak De got released in Ipswich only this Sunday and I watched it yesterday. Yes, I loved it! :)



I am not a Shahrukh fan. Everything he does looks like 'acting' to me. He is a good actor.. but he always reminds me that he is just acting, and in case he starts crying, God save me! Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org
Even in this movie, I feel that Shahrukh has done a good job. Nothing to 'Ooh Aah' about. But his team rocks! Every single girl is so different from each other.. So simple.. And so real.. Such faces makes it easier to relate to.. You feel that its the girl next door who is going out and proving her mettle to the world and then you feel so happy, so proud.

The film brings to our notice a few things..
* It shows how a small mistake makes an Indian crowd make dangerous judgements!
* The way we Indians still see ourselves divided in the name of states.
* The fate of hockey in India
* The fate of women as sports players. In fact, women in any career face difficulties. But a career in sports makes it worse..

I know its just a movie, but the fact that its inspired from a true story makes it a lot more closer to the heart. Hope all of you liked it too!

6 comments:

Veena said...

Ha haa ha.. at last u like a shah rukh movie ;) we may go for that this weekend..

Veena said...

Anila.... Come back...

Dragonfly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dragonfly said...

Hi Ani,
nice blog. I also saw it recently and wanted to write about it. It surely is a nice movie. But have anyone seen the movie "A League of Their Own", starring Tom Hanks and Geena Davis? When do Indians stop copying? (Not exact copy) Also, there are a number of movies, mainly english, just like chakde, may be not about hockey, but, ice hockey, baseket ball, baseball, football etc. Anyway, the movie was nice, and the points you said are correct, but it happens in India, mainly.. ;)

Anila said...

Yes Veena, I am trying to come back.. ;)

Anila said...

Manu, it is sometimes good that Indians copy. How else do you expect people like me to see such movies? I mean, you should remember that only a very small percentage of Indians watch English movies. But then, maybe they should give the credits to the original idea.. :)