Thursday, July 19, 2007

I wait..

One day, I find a thousand reasons to smile..

Oh, the lovely blue of the sky,
The birds never sang sweeter, oh my!
The greenest grass strewn with the whitest blooms
Is this the world I always see in my dreams?

The wind is blowing my hair on my face
A stranger passes by, giving a pleasant gaze
The whole world looks happy today..
I begin to hum in joy, what a lovely day!

The next day, everything looks wrong..

The clouds are dark, with no hint of silver
It pours down heavily.. I start to shiver
No birds, no songs, not even a butterfly!
Just a scary cat giving a gloomy cry..

The wind looks fierce, it knocked my hat
Tears rolled out.. Got lost in the rain
Not a soul around, to lend me a smile..
I cry out loud, how I hate this world!

But I know, tomorrow is not going to be the same
And then I wait for another lovely day..

6 comments:

Veena said...

Nice one :)

Savitha Menakath said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Savitha Menakath said...

Kollam! :-)

Savitha Menakath said...

Oru ellinte kuravundu! Ninakkalla.. 'Butterfy'-kku oru 'l'-inte kuravundu... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Saw ur comment on my blog..
visiting ur blog for the first time....
Very good writing...
No matter how dark the night is there will be a morning and there will be light...
Keep up the good work...
All the very best..

Anila said...

Veena, Thankyou.. :)

Savi, Thankyou.. And I'll edit that right away! :p

konfused1, Thankyou.. Keep visiting.. :)