Monday, July 30, 2007

TGIS!

.. That was not a typo.. I meant 'Thank God, Its Sunday' and this is precisely what I felt as this weekend ended.

I don't think many people will be able to understand what bothers me, because these things probably bother me alone! Crazy me.. Poor me.. Anyways, this is how my weekend went..

Friday evening.. Its 7.. I reach home.. Our house is the 'get-together' place.. So, roomies and friends are all there.. We chat.. Its 8.. We think of dinner.. "Shall we go out?" Some say Yes, some say No.. Nobody listens.. We chat again.. Its 9. Okay, we'll have dinner at home. But no rice.. Sad! We chat.. Its 9:30.. The shop closes at 10. Emergency!! Two people rush to buy rice.. Its 10.. We start cooking.. Its 11.. We eat. Okay, now we'll play cards. Sorry, I am an early to bed.. early to rise person. But I feel that I shouldn't act like a spoilsport at least on weekends and I agree to join.. Its 12.. Its 1.. We continue to play.. Its 2.. Its 3.. We sleep.. Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org

Saturday morning, 7 am.. I wake up.. Curse myself and try to sleep again. Twist and turn and think and somehow manage to be in bed till 9. Phew.. Not bad..

I get up. There are people sleeping all over the place! Shh.. I should not wake them up.. So I do everything very quietly.. Its 10.. I have tea.. Its 11.. I have bread&jam.. No, can't cook anything else. I'll end up making a lot of noise. Its 12.. I am getting bored to death! Its 1.. Oh, somebody has woken up. Relief!! And then one by one.. one by one.. We chat.. Its 2.. We chat.. Its 3.. They decide to make upma. Its 4.. We have upma.. This is breakfast for them.. Lunch for me.. but actually, the time for tea?? Err.. I am lost.. Guess that's an unnecessary worry..

The kitchen is strewn with soiled dishes.. The house is like a dorm with people still sleeping.. There are duvets(a soft quilt which is used as a thick blanket) everywhere.. on the floor.. sofa.. beds.. You can never be sure if a person is sleeping beneath that.. Its 6.. Somebody says, "Lets go for a movie!" Somebody suggests the movie.. "Transformers!!" Brilliant idea.. Okay we have shows at 7:30 pm, 8:30 pm, 9:30 pm, 10:30 pm. Decided! The 7:30 show.. Lets cook dinner first. Chicken!! Mmm...Wow! We chat.. Its 7:00.. We move to the kitchen.. One cuts, another re-cuts. "Hey, we cannot make it to the 7:30 show.. We'll go at 8:30." No issues.. One small kitchen. Many many cooks.. One making chicken.. One making rasam.. Its 8:30.. One making bhaingan bhartha.. One making raitha.. Its 9:00.. One making rice.. Its 9:30.. We have dinner.. It was yummyy.. Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org Its 10:00.. We run.. Pant! Pant! Gasp! Gasp! But surprise!!! We reach in time for the 10:30 show!! Free smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org

Reach back home at 1:30. We start playing cards.. The saga continues..

At the end of Sunday.. I feel sick beacuse I know I have not had proper food at proper time.. I feel sleep deprived.. I feel guiddy when I see the kitchen and the house.. I feel extremely guilty for having spent my time most uselessly.. But then I give a long sigh and say, TGIS! Atleast I can spend the whole week getting the house back into shape.. sleeping well, getting fresh and be prepared for the next weekend..

4 comments:

Ajay said...

You should be coming home more often. We can help with the guilt. :-) We have cards, we love chicken, we can sleep like logs, we like movies with robots. Come home... come home fast!

Veena said...

Huh! avide poyapol aval 3 vere okke irikan thudangi :( Huh!!!!

Dhiren said...

A weekend isn't a weekend until it is completely wasted. You lived up to that 'Calvin'ish quote :-)

Anila said...

Ette, a few more weekends here and I'll be freed of my guilt. I can then come there and enjoy my weekend like anybody else.. Hurraay! ;)

Veena, very true.. I have shown all my 'jaada' when you people ask me to watch a movie till 12! But then, apnon se hi nakhra kar sakthe hain.. right?

Thanks! Atleast, I can be happy about that. ;)